Gift Lists for History Buffs

Home Welcome to the Forum The Coffee House Gift Lists for History Buffs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
      4 Favor
      Visitor

I was recommended the Liberation Trilogy books by Rick Atkinson and thought they’d make a great gift for the WWII buff.

Are there any other history related gifts the community would like to recommend?

57 Staters
        13 Favor
        Apprentice

Sometimes the best gifts are the ones that are experiences, as much as books are fun to receive, it helps illuminate a chapter in history to see the key sights and experience it for yourself.

Last year, I booked a tour of Gettysburg with a favorite podcast host and gave it as a gift to all the guys in my family. (I got to go as well, which made it a gift to myself as well, I suppose.) I made a certificate and put it in a leather map case with a ration of sardines (chocolate) and coffee and a letter from General Meade requesting them to march to Gettysburg. It was pretty fun.

57 Staters
          13 Favor
          Apprentice

Here’s a photo of the gift certificate for the Gettysburg tour:

Gift Certificate

27 Staters
            3 Favor
            Initiate

Antique weapons are a really cool gift. I would love, for example, to own a real weapon used during the Revolutionary War. Even better would be if I could know who it belonged to, i.e. an officer’s sword

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join A History Focused Community

Join Us On HISTŌR

Meet lots of fellow History Lovers on HISTŌR and have an amazing time!

Join HISTŌR