Your Favorite Historical Book Recommendations

Home Welcome to the Forum Member Resources Your Favorite Historical Book Recommendations

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
      2 Staters
      0 Favor
      Administrator

Share your favorite books on your best-loved eras!  What makes them a quality recommendation to other users?

18 Staters
        14 Favor
        Visitor

For students of the Battle of Gettysburg, I highly recommend three by author Harry Pfanz. Gettysburg the First Day, Gettysburg the Second Day and Gettysburg: Culp’s Hill and Cemetery Hill are all incredibly well written and researched. Pfanz spent ten years as lead historian for the Gettysburg National Military Park.

27 Staters
          3 Favor
          Initiate

For Revolutionary War buffs, I very highly recommend Lawrence Henry Gipson’s 15-volume British Empire Before the American Revolution. He very thoroughly covers the imperial apparatus employed by Great Britain from 1745-1775 and how that apparatus failed to restrain the rapidly growing American colonies. He is very sympathetic to the imperial system, which is something I greatly appreciate.

I’ll keep adding adding Revolutionary War books (and others!) to this thread

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join A History Focused Community

Join Us On HISTŌR

Meet lots of fellow History Lovers on HISTŌR and have an amazing time!

Join HISTŌR